go site An avid painter, Krishna Kumar Malviya likes to explore themes and subjects in a special way so as bring to life the essence and ethos of his subjects, which have been very diverse as can be seen from his portfolio.
He has been passionate for painting from his childhood. Though there were no facility or art activity at the town Babai in Hoshangabad District in MP where KK Malviya completed his schooling. He learnt drawing & painting from the nature, books and by observing the commercial wall painting artist.
KK Malviya completed his graduate study from Hamidia Arts & Commerce Collage, Bhopal (MP) with painting subject and has 7 group exhibitions to his credit. The range of themes in his exhibitions reflects his active mind and keen spirit of exploration. It is his conviction that realm of painting should go beyond creating a visual document and should in fact reflect the character of the subject. It is this belief and approach to painting that makes KK Malviya stand out.
1989 : B.A. with Painting from Hamidia Arts & Commerce College Bhopal
1992 : M.A. in Economics from Hamidia Arts & Commerce College Bhopal
1998 : MBA in Finance from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Participation in Group Exhibitions
- 2012 : Invited to be part of “Indian Oil Art Exhibition 2012” organised by IOCL, Western Region, Mumbai. This sponsored show was hosted at IOCL, WR, Worli, Mumbai Office.
- 2014 : Invited to be part of “Indian Oil Art Exhibition 2014” organised by IOCL. This sponsored show was hosted at IOCL, WR, BKC, Mumbai Office in July’2014.
- 2014 : Invited to be part of the group show “For The Love of Art”, the 20th Indian Oil Art Exhibition held at Ananda Coomaraswamy Hall, Chhatrapati ShivajiMaharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai during 1st to 7th September, 2014.
- 2016 : Invited to be part of “Indian Oil Art Exhibition 2016” organised by IOCL. This sponsored show was hosted at IOCL, WR, BKC, Mumbai Office in Aug’2016.
- 2016 : Invited to be part of the group show “Stories on Canvas”, the 21st Indian Oil Art Exhibition held at Ananda Coomaraswamy Hall, Chhatrapati ShivajiMaharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai during 26th t to 31st Aug’2014.
- Group exhibition “Art Stage 2016” at Probodhankar Thakray Art Galery, Borivali (W), Mumbai from 14th to 17th Oct’2016.
- Group exhibition “Founder’s Day” by Art Society of India from 03.04.2017 to 06.04.2017.
2014 : “The First Price for the Oil Painting “In The Rain” exhibited in Indian Oil Art Exhibition 2014 at BKC.
2016 : “The Second Price for the Oil Painting “In The Rain” exhibited in Indian Oil Art Exhibition 2014 at BKC.
From 1989 onwards, have been teaching drawing and painting to students of Class VIII and above, students appearing for Intermediate level grade examination, college students as well as hobby artists.
Practised watercolour / Acrylic Colour/ Oil Colour painting and pencil sketching for last 30 years.
Art Society of India
Bombay art Society
Snaskar Bharti, Konkan prant
Travelled in different states of India for visiting museums, galleries and for sketching and painting.